Sunday, February 27, 2005
Antony and the Johnsons
So it turns out the Antony and the Johnsons show at the Warhol last night was sold out. I had been calling the museum regularly throughout the week hoping for a miracle in the form of a ticket cancellation and subsequent resale, but with no luck. Well, I guess it is good news that there's sufficient local demand (and, may I say, good taste) for a decidedly non-mainstream show like that to sell out in Pittsburgh. I'll just have to set up tent by the Warhol next time to make sure I get a ticket! In any case, the beatiful, bluesy cabaret crooning of the fabulous Antony and the breathtaking winds of his orchestra the Johnsons constitute the perfect soundtrack to a wintery Sunday afternoon at home. From his new album I Am a Bird Now, and featuring an intro by Lou Reed, here is 'Fistful of Love'.