Friday, February 18, 2005

Today I cast my vote in the Spanish referendum on the constitutional treaty for the European Union. For those countrymen of mine who are still undecided on how to vote, or even on whether to vote at all, I recommend this article from yesterday's edition of El Periódico.
As I walked out of the post office, I realized I have now voted more times as a foreign resident than as a regular citizen when I still lived in Barcelona. I really miss the old ritual of going to an actual polling station to stand in line, show my ID and finally introduce my vote in the ballot box on election day. I guess adding 'and ten first-class stamps, please' after handing out the envelope just pretty much takes away all the magic. Oh well.
Ok, enough about me and my nostalgia, Bill Maher's show is about to start...