Friday, March 25, 2005

It is all you need

Greetings from Princeton! ...and sorry for the lack of updates recently.
Today I thought I'd post links to a couple of new tracks I like which happen to share the 'L'-word in their titles. These are mostly luminous guitar-pop songs which soundtrack perfectly the start of this hormone-altering, life-affirming, smile-inducing time of the year. Enjoy!

Watch the video to Rufus Wainwright's new single 'The One You Love' from his remarkable current album Want Two, which has just been released in Europe.

Listen to Aberfeldy's excellent new single 'Love Is an Arrow' from their much acclaimed debut album from last year, Young Forever.

Watch the video to 'Gamble Everything for Love,' the first single from Australian wonder Ben Lee's pleasant new album Awake Is the New Sleep.

Listen to 'Spit It Out', Brendan Benson's comeback single taken from his satisfying if unsurprising brand-new sophomore album The Alternative to Love.

Listen to the Raveonettes' hooky new single 'Love in a Trashcan' from their upcoming new album 'Pretty in Black', to be released next month.

UPDATE (3/27): I forgot to include a song from Clem Snide's fifth long-player, the apocalyptically titled The End of Love. The Tennessee band has come back with more memorable alt-country/Americana/indie-rock feel-good songs, this time with rich arrangements and a lush, delicate production. Check out the uplifting and catchy 'Fill Me with Your Light.'